Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and Taylor Swift Shut Out At Golden Globes

Pop queens walk home empty handed.

There was real potential for some of our faves to win at the Golden Globes this year, but unfortunately it wasn’t in the cards.

Beyonce and Taylor Swift were nominated in the Best Original Song in a Motion Picture category. Beyonce’s Lion King single, “Spirit,” faced Swift’s Cats contribution, “Beautiful Ghosts.” However, they lost to Elton John’s “I’m Gonna Love Me Again” from Rocketman.

Jennifer Lopez scored a nomination for her performance in Hustlers in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture category. Fans were under the impression she’d finally get recognized for her acting chops, but she lost, too. Laura Dern took home the trophy for her role in Marriage Story.

They didn’t have to do our girls dirty like that.

Also, below is a screen cap of Joaquin Phoenix winning Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama for his starring role in Joker and receiving a standing ovation… from everyone except Beyonce. See if you do clownery…

Thoughts on the pop girls losing at the Golden Globes (minus Gaga in 2019 yasss)? Let us know what you think in the comments. Register an account in 30 seconds and use your voice!

[adinserter block="14"]

Related Articles

Responses

1. I haven’t seen Hustlers so I can’t say much about J.Lo, except that I know Laura Dern is a fantastic actress so I’m sure she deserved it. Beautiful Ghosts is a decent song, but with all the bad reviews and flopage of Cats I don’t think there was any chance of it winning. And Spirit is an awful song, Beyonce only did the Lion King so she could try to win an Oscar for it. She doesn’t deserve any awards just for being Beyonce, if she wants to win she needs to step it up and actually make a great song. Also how rude and disrespectful of her to not stand up for Joaquin Phoenix, he’s been acting in films and tv since the 80’s. She needs to get over herself.

2. I was really rooting for J.Lo, but I’ve yet to see ‘Marriage Story’ so I can’t really say anything about that. What I will say, though, is I think Jenny lost cause of that ugly dress she was wearing. She jinxed it.

1. Actually, I didn’t like what they were wearing, all three of them. The worst was Taylor and that tacky prom dress. You don’t win awards when you don’t slay the red carpet. Ask Lady Gaga – she murdered with both her Golden Globe and Oscar dress. She won both times.

1. Yeah i’m bummed too but I really don’t know cause I haven’t seen Marriage Story. But I guess it’s better for Jenny to win her first real acting awards with a lead role than a supporting one. This should motivate her to do more movies and to pick the right roles – be strategic like Beyoncé.

1. As it should be. But it’s still a bummer that Jenny lost. I’ve nothing against Laura Dern but we love to see our pop queens win.