Taylor Swift’s ‘Cats’ Performance Shut Out Of Oscars, Beyonce Nominated

Taylor Swift’s “Beautiful Ghosts” does not land on the Oscars shortlist.

Mystery shrouds awards season, but we know one thing’s for sure: Taylor Swift will likely not receive an Academy Award for her “Beautiful Ghosts,” her song co-created for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats.

The shortlists for the 92nd Oscars nominees are in, and Taylor was nowhere to be found. However, Beyonce’s song “Spirit,” from The Lion King, made the cut.

[elementor-template id=”5264″]

The shortlisted potential nominees include Thom Yorke’s “Daily Battles” from Motherless Brooklyn, Beyoncé’s “Spirit” from The Lion King, Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo’s “Letter to My Godfather,” from The Black Godfather, Elton John and Tim Rice’s “Never Too Late” from The Lion King, Elton John and Bernie Taupin’s “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” from the Elton John biopic Rocketman, Randy Newman’s “I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away” from Toy Story 4, and more.

The full shortlist of nominations:

“Speechless” from “Aladdin”
“Letter To My Godfather” from “The Black Godfather”
“I’m Standing With You” from “Breakthrough”
“Da Bronx” from “The Bronx USA”
“Into The Unknown” from “Frozen II”
“Stand Up” from “Harriet”
“Catchy Song” from “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part”
“Never Too Late” from “The Lion King”
“Spirit” from “The Lion King”
“Daily Battles” from “Motherless Brooklyn”
“A Glass of Soju” from “Parasite”
“(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” from “Rocketman”
“High Above The Water” from “Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am”
“I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away” from “Toy Story 4”
“Glasgow” from “Wild Rose”

Thoughts on the nominations? Let us know what you think in the comments! Register an account in 30 seconds and use your voice!

[adinserter block="14"]

Related Articles

Responses

1. Well, to be honest, those other songs ARE better than ‘Beautiful Ghosts’. I can’t believe I’m saying this but ‘Spirit’ is actually a better song. Sorry ’bout it. Proof that even great lyricists can still make a bad song. 😬

1. I’ve never met Taylor, but she is such a special talent. So many girls in the industry are killing it! #GirlPower 💖💋💋💋

2. I hope the song “Speechless” from Aladdin wins. My boys and I love watching that movie! I used to sing that song in my foyer all the time. Maybe I’ll post the video if people stop being so mean online! 😵🐵🦋🎄

3. I hope SPEECHLESS will win for Best song. I really enjoyed it in Aladdin which is, in my opinion, better than the Lion King. We’ll see then.