Kesha’s ‘High Road’ Album Delayed

Kesha pushes back her new album by a few weeks.

Kesha delayed her forthcoming record, High Road, from January 10 to January 31, according to its listing on Apple Music.

It makes sense – January 10 is pretty crowded. Selena Gomez is releasing her new album Rare that day. Bieber is also rumored for that day as well.

It’s not all bad news, though. Kesha dropped a video for a new song titled “Resentment.”

High Road features collaborations with Big Freedia, Wrabel, and… Ke$ha A.K.A. old party animal Kesha. It’s worth reminding you Kesha dropped the dollar sign in her name after the Dr. Luke scandal, but seeing as Kesha is swinging back to her roots, it’s a pretty cool homage.

The new album features some pretty interesting track titles, most notably “The Potato Song.” Already iconic.

Thoughts on Kesha delaying High Road? Let us know what you think in the comments! Register an account in 30 seconds and use your voice!

Tonight
My Own Dance
Raising Hell
High Road
Shadow
Honey
Cowboy Blues
Resentment
Little Bit Of Love
Birthday Suit
Kinky (ft. Ke$ha)
The Potato Song (Cuz I Want To)
BFF (ft. Wrabel)
Father Daughter Dance
Chasing Thunder

In a recent cover story with Billboard, Kesha describes her new music as “the happiness that I began my career with, but it feels more earned and healthier than ever.”

Kesha tapped Jeff Bhasker (Harry Styles, Bruno Mars), Macklemore’s Ryan Lewis (“Praying,” “Good Old Days”), Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds,Justin Tranter (Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez), Tayla Parx (Ariana Grande’sThank U, Next) and fun.’s Nate Ruess.

“[I am] writing the fuck out of some pop songs,” she says. “I dug through the emotional wreckage, and now I can go back to talking a little bit of shit. I really wanted to put a solid footprint back into pop music, like, ‘I can do this, and I can do this on my own.’ I don’t know if this is my last pop record, but I want to have one where I go out with a bang.”

[adinserter block="14"]

Related Articles

Responses

1. I was actually hoping she would use that wax candle of her head, it looks amazing and it so symbolic… Even though I still haven’t fully figured out its meaning haha

1. She always gave this auto-destructive vibe if you ask me, so this album cover does not surprise me. But right when I’m about to think “OK this girl is toxic” she spreads so much love and positivity… So I dunno haha!

2. Is that candle the actual album cover, because it’s dope? I’m excited though. I hope it’s as good or better than her music with Dr. Luke and does well on the charts so she can prove to everyone she didn’t need him to smash on the charts.

3. The real tea is everyone should be terrified that Poppy’s dropping an album on January 10th and she’s angry. Sorta same.
    I really like my ability to change the subject in the comments based on some random fact.