Two Never-Before-Heard Demi Lovato Songs Surface, And They’re Exceptional

A couple of tracks recoded for Demi Lovato’s ‘Tell Me You Love Me’ era hit the net.

Lovato is hard at work on a new album right now, but two tracks from her previous era have surfaced, and they’re worth your undivided attention. One is a gorgeous ballad titled “Somebody New,” the other is a mid-tempo (low-key bop) titled “The Beauty.”

“Somebody New” is bittersweet. On it, Demi breaks someone’s heart – she lets them down gently, singing about how she found another lover.

“I found somebody new / I look at him the way I used to look at you / what am I supposed to do?,” she sings over a syrupy beat and plunky strings. It’s hard not to romanticize her past relationship with ex, Wilmer Valderrama.

“The Beauty” is an upbeat ditty that flexes Demi’s powerhouse vocal chops. In the chorus, Demi hits soaring highs before slipping into sweeping oohs and ahhs. It’s a real shame it was left on the cutting room floor.

Related:

Unfortunately, we can’t embed the songs here due to copyright (πŸ˜‡), but they may or may not still be online at the time of posting.

“I’ve really decided to take my time with things,” Lovato recently said of her new music. “When the time is right to release new music, I will put it out there. Nobody is more anxious than you guys than me.”

She added: “There’s a reason why it’s taking longer, but it’s only because I’m trying to perfect that music for you guys.”

If you had a chance to hear the songs, what are your thoughts? Let us know what you think in the comments!

[adinserter block="14"]

Related Articles

Responses

1. So the plot twist was “Unfortunately, we can’t embed the songs here due to copyright (πŸ˜‡), but they may or may not still be online at the time of posting.” LMAO I CAN’T πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1. As you should! ❀

I think it’s clear why they didn’t make the cut. They don’t fit the tone of the album. They’re both too light and too poppy. Maybe ‘Somebody New’ as a bonus track but ‘Ready for Ya’ and ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ are already superior so yeah.

2. I really hope she releases Pattern and Gray. Recorded Pattern with Oak and his team, it’s such a bop. But she went to rehab just a few months later, she may have moved on πŸ™